Let’s start with a riddle this time.
What is the one ingredient that makes any food it touches delicious? Answer: Cheese.
Of course the answer is subjective. I am clear though. Cheese would be one reason why one day if I choose to be a vegan, I will give up on my decision. Cheese has my heart and many others’.
Stuff capsicum with paneer, corn, tomato sauce and cheddar and top with mozzarella; bake and wait for 10 minutes before you dig in. Cheese is extremely hot when melted. I mean, obviously.
Make these pretty peppers as main course or as an appetizer for that weekend party or potluck and I bet you will be beaming with joy.. because happy friends & family = happy us. Do find the step-by-step pictures towards the end.
Capsicum – 2 cut into quarters (To make it colourful, I used 4 different capsicums – Green, Orange, Yellow & Red – and used half of each. Other halves were consumed later in the form of a random stirfry)
Sweet Corn – half cup
Grated Paneer – 1 cup
Grated Cheddar cheese – half cup
Pasta Sauce (Tomato) or Marinara – half cup (Ragu or any brand. I used Rao’s Homemade Sauce)
Coriander Leaves – 12-15 sprigs
Dry herbs/Basil/Oregano – 1 tsp (optional)
Crushed Pepper – 1 tsp
Grated Mozzarella – to top the capsicum
How I prepare:
- Boil water in a large pan and drop each quarter capsicum into it. Remove after 10 min and keep aside. Since capsicum is the only item that needs actual cooking in this recipe, this step helps to cook the capsicum well in the oven.
- Mix together sweet corn, grated paneer, tomato sauce/Marinara, grated cheddar cheese, coriander leaves, herbs (if using), crushed pepper and salt.
- Fill each quarter capsicum with the gorgeous filling.
- Brush baking tray with oil. Or brush the bottom of each quarter capsicum with oil. Place them on baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 20 to 25 min checking for doneness.
- Take the tray out, top with shredded mozzarella and bake again for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve as an appetizer or side or main course!
The soft baked paneer and cheese filling topped with cheese again..all inside juicy capsicum.. trust me, this cannot beat most good things in the world.
Boil water in a large pan and drop each quarter capsicum into it. Remove after 10 min and keep aside. Since capsicum is the only item that needs actual cooking in this recipe, this step helps to cook the capsicum well in the oven.